On May 21st 2008 the liceum „Nicolae Iorga” from Chisinau was the host of the „INTERCULTURAL EDUCATION: What? Why? How?” municipal seminar, organized by the Information and Relations with Community Section within the Directorate for Education, Youth and Sport from Chisinau, in partnership with PRO DIDACTICA Educational Centre.
The seminar programme included:
- Familiarization with the intercultural education activities of the host-liceum;
- Initiation regarding the intercultural education problems:
- Intercultural competence: the stipulations of educational policy from the Republic of Moldova (National Curriculum)
- Intercultural competence as the key-competence for the education of the XXI century (UNESCO, Key competences for european education etc.)
- Basic concepts for intercultural education achivement: cultural identity, multicultural society, moving from the culture pedagogy to the intercultural pedagogy, interethnic tolerance, etc.
- The presentation of PRO DIDACTICA EC experience regarding the target area.
Within the workshops, the participants formulated specific recommendations regarding the actions and intercultural education activities within the extracurricular activities, supervision classes and teaching of subject matters.
The PRO DIDACTICA EC donated to participants the Romanian and Russian issues of the „Knowing each other better” handbook (intercultural education for understanding of the differences through literature of cohabitant ethnicities from R. Of Moldova).